The Amarillo Parks & Recreation Asset Management Plan catalogs the cyclical maintenance, feature renovations, and replacement needs for a majority of the City's park assets and recreation service amenities. The plan identifies cyclical renovation needs, projected life-cycles for feature replacement, immediate project needs, and projected costs for capital assets. The purpose of the plan is to:
- Establish an accurate inventory of major park assets and improvements maintained by the City's Parks and Recreation Department, including the management of 23 school owned parks.
- Identify the current condition of park assets.
- Identify benchmarks for industry accepted cyclical maintenance standards.
- Provide criteria to prioritize needs for renovation or replacement of assets.
- Provide cost estimates for an asset management program.